Well, it wasn't me getting sick--guess it was just allergies. I'm cool with that, I'm down :)..HA..I said down!
It's 10 till 9 on this lovely (and hot) Thursday morning. I'm eating a big breakfast and drinking a big cup o' joe. I love coffee. Coffee so get's me going in the morning (and in more ways than one...as if you needed to know that). I love the way it smells, the way it tastes..and then I bastardize it by adding all this sugar and cream to it, so that it's more the color of carmel than coffee. What can I say, I likes my coffee like I likes my mens...lol..hot and creamy. Yes, I'm full of myself this morning.
I have to confess that I'm taking a sabbatical from my eating well/exercise right now. Don't get me wrong, I haven't totally stopped doing it, but I'm not keeping my mind on it 24/7. When I first started this back in August, I thought about everything I put in my mouth hours before I did it because I felt like I needed to be in control of my food intake. I added calories up, subtracted calories burned from that and kept a religious journal of both. I was on top of all of it---which takes a lot of work. I'm just so engrossed in other things right now that I just don't feel like I can devote the time to it that I need to. So instead of giving up or giving in, I'm going to not beat myself up for not working out and not worry if I have too many crappy meals in the course of the day. I'l try to make an effort to not do those two, but be kind to myself if I do. It's not over, just a small hiatus from the full time better body living.
Monday my father went back to his regular doctor for a visit after his ER scare the week before. The doctor has basically said that his ascites (fluid in his abdomen) will have to get a lot worse before they will tap it (draw it off with this ungodly needle). That's just f'ing great. I have to wonder how much worse it can get when he's already carrying around 45+ of fluid--which has caused his back to hurt, him to feel full (to the bloated point) at all times, he's working his way toward 1500 cc's fluid restriction a day (I think it a quart and a half or something like that), putting pressure on his heart and lungs making them work harder, causing his already scarred and hurting liver to hurt worse..the list goes on. How much longer does he have to wait or how many more pounds of fluid does he have to gain before they decide enough is enough. Prolonged usage of these diuretics they have him on causes kidney damage--which is not good either.
I have to keep in mind that they are doctors and they know what they are doing. Why is that so hard? Oh well, gotta get over it. Things will happen as they should, right?
I'm feeling rather chatty this morning, so I'll take this opportunity to write more than I usually do. I'd like to go about advertising some of the great blogs that I read, some diet related, some not...well, most not. I just like them lots and bunches and like other people to share!
GGWoo
Fried-Spaghetti
Homotextual
Jodiverse
Disco Monkey
Little Wee Tiny
Now let me say this so I don't get any ugly emails and neither do these fabulous blogger's. If you have problems with cursing, poking fun at people, serious topics, homosexuals and or lesbians or are just reguarly uptight person...you might outta stay away...
After all...
It's all about love :D
How cheese is that?
One Phat Grrl
onephatgrrl@yahoo.com

<< Home